Tuesday, December 2, 2008

My ACCESS Lab Visit!!!

This is me at the ACCESS LAb

I visited C.F Vigor to view their ACCESS Lab on October 31,2008. The instructor that showed me the lab was Mr. Clifford Allred. My senior year of high school Mr.Allred was my Algebra II/Trig. teacher. It was rather hard trying to sent up a time to visit since my schedule did not match his too well but once I we got it set up for my visit Mr.Allred was nothing but helpful when showing me around the lab.

This is a picture of the document camera
The ACCESS lab that I visited was mainly used for Intervideo Conferencing (IVC) and webbased. The first thing that Mr.Allred told me was that janitors had no idea how to clean the equipment and desk. He then showed me the presenter scene and document camera. The Document camera resembled a projector and its function is to let you see problems with using smart board and tv scenes. This was a nice piece of equipment. You could rotate the item, change the contrast value, and it had a lamp.

This is the smartboard
The next piece of equipment that he showed me was the smartboard. This resembled a dry erase board and maybe referred to as a giant slate. The document camera would project the information on the smart board and the instructor could use that to instruct the students. The smartboard has markers, which have there own holder. If the instructor should mix the markers up the marker will write the color in which the holder has on it. I found this rather cool. If I wanted I could write blue with a red marker. It's too high tech for me.

This is the computer scene

The last piece of equipment we experimented with was the computer. This is what the instructor could use to dial up with the other schools. It was a Tandberg scene. It also has a double scene which allows the instuctor to see both classes at the sam time. This came in real handy with Mr. Allred's classes last semester.

No comments: