Sunday, November 16, 2008

EDM 310 Podcast

This is my podcast group

I have listened to four podcast from various groups done by some classmates from the EDM 310 class. The first was the one done by myself, Sandra Presley and Robyn Terry and it discussed "Burp Back Education". The second was done by Theola Hines and Larrica Smith and it discussed "Facebook as a Educational Tool". The third was done by Jennifer Harris, Alison Hawes, and Amelia Perkins and it discussed "Technology Used at the University of South Alabama". Last but not least the fourth podcast was done by Brennan Gibson, hanna Callais, Ashley Weeler, and Kimberly Dees and it discussed " Uselful Websites for Elementary Education".

Our podcast (Burp Back Education), could have been better in my opinion instead of going in any order we kinda just butted in from time to time to add to each others comments. So in a way I believe it could have been more organized but I thought the point of a podcast was to hold a conversation about a topic and thats exactly what we did. So in that aspect I believe we did great.

The second podcast(Facebook as a Teacher Tool), I listened too was kinda interesting. I never knew that Facebook begin as a college tool or who invented the idea for Facebook. I do believe that they could have discussed more about what Facebook offers and how people tend to use it. They discussed how you could use memos and bulletins but not much more. They also compared Myspace to Facebook. In my opinion Facebook and Myspace were structured as social tools for friends to keep in touch therefore should not be used as education tools. Listening to this podcast didn't change my mind on that either.

The third podcast (Technology Used at the University of South Alabama), was a little confusing to be honest. They began off by saying they would be discussing four types of technology styles that are typically used in the classroom. Instead of saying this is the first, second, etc. They basically just went from one type to the next. They discussed Something called Noddle, Online Classes, eCompanion, and their experiences with Filiotek. At the end they talked about how Dr. Strange's class has helped them think about how to incoporate technology in their class.

The fourth podcast (Useful Internet Sites for Elementary Teachers), I found to be very helpful. They all gave various websites and actually spelled the names of them so we as future teachers could look them up. Some discussed were: Brainpop.com, educationworld.com, 4teachers.org, and Busyteacherscafe.com. Although not all the information on some of the websites were free most had printable sheets and vaious links for quizzes, lesson plans, experiments and one even had tips for new teachers. These were are great help to me.

Overall, having listened to the various podcast I believe I have more knowldege of how to hold a podcast and would love to do more with technology in my classroom as an Elementary School Teacher.

No comments: