Monday, September 8, 2008

Blogs From International Schools.

This is Mr. Welker and his wife
The first blog that I visited was Zurich International School. It is located in Switzerland. The school itself consist of Early Childhood Education to Upper Levels of school. The school has a variety of different blog sites but this specific one is for students in Economics. The blog would be considered upper school (high school). The site offers in site for the exams, wiki links, and much more. The blog was created and maintained by Jason Welker. Mr. Welker is the Economics teacher at the Zurich International School. The blog link is: http:http://welkerswikinomics.com/blog/tag/zurich-international-school/.

This is the Head of the School
The second blog I viewed was International School Bangkok. It is known as "Thailand's Premier International School". This school also ranges from elementary to high school and on the top of the web site they list links for the different school levels, activities/athletics, parent portal and admissions. The head of the school has his own blog where he discusses the progress made by the school, and up coming dates for various activities. The blog link is: http://www.isb.ac.th/Head_of_School_s_Blogs.

2 comments:

Argyle Family said...

Hi Ashley - I was quite surprised to see you had found my blog. I was just curious how you came across it. I had put a privacy block on it, basically to block search engines from finding it? Mostly to protect the students in my class. I am not too worried about it, just wondering how that happened? I would be happy to talk with you. I just started my blog this year. I am glad you like it, it still needs a lot of work. If you want to see some really great blogs in our district check out our site www.weber.k12.ut.us and search district blogs - you will find some pretty great ones! A lot better than mine. Have a great day! Mrs. Argyle

Ashley Denson said...

I'm sorry but I believe I just typed in teachers using blogs in their classrooms and your district showed up. I choice yours from the district's website because I found it interesting and also because I really want to teach kindergarten and that's the grade you teach if I'm not mistaken. Thanks for writing me back. I'm sorry If I have inconvenienced you in any way. I just need to get started on my work assignment I wrote you about and I would also like to talk to another teacher in the same grade level as me. Thanks again. I have to keep a record of my conversations with you. I hope you don't mind and I will post them to my blog later on when our assignment is due. Our discussions are about technology and education. It's probably best for us to email each other. My email is ashley.denson08@gmail.com. Thanks again.